How do I turn a big hot mess into a well considered blip?
Notes from Mon.
- Storyteller talking about life / everyone else is living life
- MVA ref: Antonia Nisbet, Unofficial systems to keep the world running, 2018 - https://openrepository.aut.ac.nz/handle/10292/11317
- Allow contingent possibilities to enter the frame.
- What does it mean to be formless?
Happening – [ I am the ocean and the ocean is me. We are one. ]
- Lenka Clayton: http://www.lenkaclayton.com/artist-residency-in-motherhood
- Everything is a potential artwork. Strategise with: one idea / one work.
- Work towards creating a perimeter /
Ways of describing different types of works:
- activation, action, act
- happening – an artwork formed in retrospect
Reflection notes. ONE IDEA, ONE WORK...
Vases (sculptures based on retrospect experience)
Inspired by captured moments, documentation by way of images
Random moments that create sculpture / sculptural performance
Living life while I tell stories about it
Which bits are art practice and which bits is just life
what is research and what is life
formless part of practice
record formless moments, what are the perimeters
how does it become art? life ------------- art
how to manage, shape, frame it (use certain questions, conditions, depth)
what has potential as art
literally what have I got?
Method: working out later its a work or a potential work
through the doing, comes criteria, comes process
use everyday but don't include everyday
build a perimeter around certain aspects, what things inform
what constitutes a project? include / exclude list
what is in, what is out?
what is the voice?
say it - is it art or is it not art, just life - what is implicit and explicit
Need to find a way to establish, visual way of presenting it, set of conditions, think about the social, political context.
Method: Gut, intuition, impulse, to act.
question, what is that?
pay attention to things that matter
what function does morning pages play?
FORM THE FORMLESS WITHOUT BOUNDARIES.